Tuesday 3 March 2015

Rachel K CC Renew SPF35 PA+++ Review and Pictures

Rachel K CC Renew SPF35 PA++

(This post is part of my Daily Skincare Routine series)

In continuation of my long-delayed skincare routine for 2013-14, I present to you the Rachel K CC Renew SPF35 PA+++, which is a pretty good tinted sunscreen product. I received it as a gift from Rachel K (thank you so much, you made my day!) and have been using ever since.

I like the texture a lot. It's not too thin and not too thick - it's just right (and now I'm reminded of Goldilocks and the Three Bears...). It sits on the skin lightly and provides medium coverage. The only drawback is that it leaves the skin slightly oily as the day progresses, so you may want to apply a layer of powder on top if you have oily/combination skin.

As much as I'd like to say this is an all-in-one sun protection/foundation product, I find that the SPF isn't enough for daily use. I wore the Rachel K CC Renew with a layer of powder on top for my outdoor grad shoot, and boy did I regret not wearing my regular sunblock. Basically I ended up with my face a full shade darker than my neck (sigh) with a slight tan line near my scalp area as I wore a mortar board for some parts of the shoot. That tan is going to stay for a while. Lesson learnt: BB/CC Creams are not good enough sun protection. Always wear heavy-duty sunblock when you're going to spend hours in the sun!

If you're looking for a tinted moisturiser with moderate SPF, then this is the product for you. But I would advise against using this as your main sun protection product, especially if you spend long hours under the sun. Not quite HG, but it's good enough for you to give it a try!

Ingredients as follows:

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ethylhexyl Methyoxycinnamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Peg 10 Dimethicone, Peg 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, 4 Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Dimethicone/Peg 10/15 Crosspolymer, Benzophenone 3, Silica, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Chloride, Methylene Bis Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil,Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Citrate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, 1,2 Hexanediol, Hyaluronic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Centella Asiatica Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arbutin, Adenosine, Ci 77499, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ultramarines, Fragrance

P.S. I've changed my skincare routine again for 2015, stay tuned to find out which products I'm using now!



Product name: Rachel K CC Renew SPF35 PA+++
Product type: Tinted sunscreen
Amount of product: 40ml
Price per product: S$48.00
Comments: Medium coverage, non-greasy, moderate sun protection
Where to buy: Luxola.com
To buy or not to buy: If you want light sun protection with a tint, this is the product for you. Especially good for girls with slightly darker toned skin.

Product Approved 3.5/5


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .