Wednesday 10 September 2014

Bioderma Créaline (Sensibio) H2O Solution Micellaire Review and Pictures


Bioderma Crealine H2O Solution Micellaire

(This post is part 1 of my Daily Skincare Routine series)

Bioderma Créaline H2O Solution Micellaire is my HG facial cleanser/make up remover. I love it because it cleans without drying the skin out and doesn't contain fragrance, which is a godsend for sensitive skin. I've used more than 8 bottles of this, and will be using it until it's discontinued (touch wood!)

First off, it looks and feels just like water. Its barely-there scent is very pleasing and soothing. I like the fact that I don't need to rinse my face after using this cleanser as it doesn't leave any residue unlike cream/oil cleansers. It's also fairly moisturising on its own and is gentle on the skin.

I use it every day in the morning and evening to cleanse my face of dirt, make up, and sunblock. It's really easy to use - simply pour a bit onto a cotton pad and use it to wipe your face. This Bioderma product does its job as an effective cleanser, especially when I'm not wearing make up.  It doesn't fare so well with make up though. I need about 5 cotton pads of this product to clean off my warpaint. That's not even counting my eye make up. This is why I usually use Pond's Cold Cream cleanser and Bioré Makeup Remover for Eye and Lip to remove most of my heavier make up, then wipe off the rest with the Bioderma cleanser.

Some of you may be wondering what "micellaire" means. It basically translates from French to "micellar". Micelles are just really tiny particles, which explains why the solution looks and feels like water rather than cream/gel. That's a huge draw for me, as I don't have to rinse it off unlike most cream/gel cleansers. (The mechanics of micellar cleansers are explained very thoroughly by Jerlene in Of Faces and Fingers.)

Now for the ingredients:

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

In her post, Jerlene pointed out that this cleanser is surfectant-based (Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides) and has various humectants/emollients to keep the skin moist and soft. The surfectant is mild, unlike SLS, and that's good news for the skin. It's not terribly exciting for a formula, but it makes for a great cleanser in many ways. In any case, exotic sounding ingredients no longer tempt me as I'm afraid that they may provoke an allergic reaction. Simple is best when it comes to skincare!

One last thing that I like is that it comes in a large 500ml bottle. 500ml sounds like a lot, but it only lasts for a month or more depending on how much you use each time. There are other sizes available for sale so you don't have to commit to 500ml from the start. If you haven't already heard of this cleanser, you should check it out at your nearest pharmacy; you won't be disappointed!


Let's Break It Down

Product name: Bioderma Créaline H2O Solution Micellaire
Product type: Facial cleanser/make up remover
Amount of product: 500ml (comes in other sizes too)
Price per product: S$39.90 for 500ml
Comments: HG facial cleanser, effective, gentle, good for sensitive skin, no fragrance, not so good for heavy make up removal
Where to buy: Watsons, Guardian, other pharmacies (P.S. you can get it for cheap in HK)
To buy or not to buy: A million times yes. You won't regret it!

Product Approved 5/5

Disclaimer: I was not paid, sponsored nor influenced by external sources when reviewing this product. My opinions as expressed in the review are solely my own.

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .