Tuesday 4 June 2013

My Week on Instagram: 27 May - 2 June 2013

27 May 2013

Today I uploaded a deluge of photos from my travels in Europe. They were taken mostly with my Fujifilm X10.

At Vevey, Switzerland

A hole in the Berlin wall

Christmas at Lafayette in Paris

Here's a cool panorama of the Louvre that I posted on Instagram. I recently started this @igpanoramas account where I post panoramas on Instagram! Do check it out if you can - I also have an igpanoramas page specially for this new project.


Look at that fierce stare! Model-worthy.

Beautiful sunset at Vevey. Look at the way the swans are moving apart.

The lavender fields (okay, patch) at my school in Switzerland

And finally, to tempt you to follow me on @igpanoramas...




28 May 2013


Beautiful green vintage car spotted on the road.


Here's the SUR manicure set ($25.90) that I wanted to get at the BeautyAsia convention but didn't manage to. There are 4 types, based on the prints that are available in the set: Flower, Art, Line and Character. I got Character (not pictured) because it had cute patterns of diamonds and stuff. The most unique thing about this set is that it contains the special transfer solution that allows you to transfer prints (using laser printer) onto your nails! According to my dear friend Abby (of Scarlet Nail Diaries), rubbing alcohol isn't as effective as this transfer solution. I can't wait to try it out when I have time, and I'm gonna find out whether I can use things printed with my new Canon PIXMA printer.


29 May 2013


Random rave party doodle done by my talented artist friend, Deb. Check out Deb's work on Cargo Collective!


30 May 2013


This is probably my favourite picture of the week! I edited a picture of Cloud Forest and it sure looks magical. Cloud Forest is a conservatory with many beautiful and exotic plants in Gardens by the Bay, at the Marina Bay area in Singapore. The highlight is the man-made waterfalls of course, which are really amazing when seen up close. I've had an Instagram follower asking where it is, and he exclaimed that he wanted to visit after seeing my picture :)


31 May 2013


You may recall that I mentioned this lovely Cassey Gan dress I bought at Blueprint in one of my previous Week on Instagram posts. It finally arrived in the mail and I was so excited to try it on - my first ever piece of designer clothing! It's beautiful, and I took this shot to show you the silk screen painting-esque front. I shall need to do a whole other post on Blueprint 2013 and this dress soon.


2 June 2013


I set up my Canon PIXMA MG3170 that I'd received recently during a workshop with Canon - we're supposed to do a couple of posts on how to make crafts with this baby! I have a few ideas already - watch this space ;)

And that's it for last week on Instagram! This post was a little delayed due to the number of posts I had to queue for the last two days. Toodles!


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .