Sunday 23 June 2013

My Week on Instagram: 17 - 23 June 2013

17 June 2013


I hadn't shown any love to my Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick in a long while, so here's a shot of me wearing it! Black Honey became an instant cult favourite in the beauty world when it was first released a few years ago, and that's no surprise given how versatile this red is. It works on every skin tone and enhances your natural lip colour to give a subtle and fresh look. I should do a review on it huh!

I was at Sentosa for a short getaway and these are the skincare travel essentials I brought with me! From L-R: Bioderma Créaline H2O Micellular Solution (make up remover and cleanser), Naruko Rose & Botanic Aqua Cubic Foaming Wash (for normal and dry skin), Neutrogena Hydroboost Lotion, Naruko Narcissus Defense BB Sunscreen SPF50++++, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF50+++. I didn't bring a moisturiser and kinda regret it as my skin isn't faring very well with the haze going on right now. Just wrote a post on how to fight the haze and keep yourself healthy and looking fresh!


18 June 2013


Spotted this very amusing picture at the Maritime Museum in Sentosa. Somehow it reminded me of Overly Attached Girlfriend. If you don't know what that is, just Google it ;)


19 June 2013


On this fateful day, my MacBook Pro decided to really die on me. It wasn't the first time I experienced this weird green tint to my screen, but this time it didn't go away. I was really annoyed because this happened in the thick (haha) of the haze, when I couldn't do much and my computer was my lifeline. Managed to get looked at by someone in an Apple centre and turns out that my screen died and fixing it would cost $900. Went to Nubox (in JCube) and got a new Macbook Pro Retina (yay!) and someone helped me migrate it but it failed (boo!) so I had to manually transfer files over. Everything's finally done and I'm typing this on my new MacBook Pro (yay!) but it doesn't have an optical drive or ethernet port (boo!)


20 June 2013


The haze was still persisting at insane levels of PSI 300 and above and we're all wearing masks out. N95 masks ran out as everyone snapped them up in panic, and I had no choice but to wear a surgical mask (which is only 30% effective). Look at how hazy it is in the rear window!


Was tidying my room today and found this really gross melted sweet that stained my notebook !!! I'm not sure why they're two colours on the paper. Sweet chromatography? Haha.


Just got around to posting pictures of my time at S.E.A. Aquarium (the world's largest viewing aquarium) in Sentosa! Look at the pretty colours of the fish!


I love this shot of a circular tank and its marine inhabitants. Really glad I visited the S.E.A. Aquarium!


22 June 2013


That's me wearing the N95 that I finally managed to procure. It's really quite uncomfortable as the straps are very tight and dig into your skin (you can see my cheek bulging in the picture) but at least it offers 90% protection against particulate matter! It's important to wear your mask even when you're out for just a while, as tiny particles can be inhaled and be stuck forever in your lungs, causing diseases later on. Take care, everyone!


23 June 2013

Decided to post more edited photos of my time at S.E.A. Aquarium. This time it's all about dolphins; I love the way dolphins look and move!




Found this bottle of drink while I was tidying my room. The Japanese really have a knack for cute packaging, don't you think? I love the cute illustration on the cover! And I did a pop art filter, heh. It's only one bottle though I wish I had four of them in different flavours!


I know I wasn't very active on the blog for the past week, apart from the recent post on the haze, but that was because I wasn't feeling very comfortable because of the haze (dry eyes, dry throat, breathing difficulties etc.) and I really wasn't in a blogging mood. Fret not, the haze situation is taking a turn for the better now so I'll try my best to update daily again!

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .