Saturday 18 May 2013

Jindie Nails Swoon Swatches and Review


Remember how I said I was going to review this cool blue polish a few weeks back? Mei Mei Signatures sent Jindie Nails Swoon to me for review along with Jindie Nails Zomboy, which I have yet to review either. I had originally taken a number of pictures of Swoon, but deleted them all as I wasn't happy with the way my swatches turned out. Well today I'm back, with a whole lot of swatches that do this polish some justice!


Swoon you will when you see how beautiful it looks in real life. Jindie Nails Swoon is a pale blue crelly (cream/jelly) with a surprising mix of glitter - apart from the small square and round metallic blue glitters, there are also large yellow, green, orange, blue and fuchsia hexes. The fuchsia hexes few and far between - I found it almost impossible to get one on my nails, but they really pop in the pale blue base.


Here are some close-ups and a macro bottle shot - you can see a lone fuchsia hex making an appearance there. I really love the colour combination that's going on in Swoon as it's fresh and very suitable for Spring/Summer. It reminds me of a squishy bubble bath with the round blue glitters! Must be a very magical bubble bath for it to be so colourful, heh.


Although this polish is truly gorgeous, I don't love the formula much. I'm not sure if it's just my bottle, as I received a mini for review, but the texture is rather thick and difficult to work with. I needed about 3-4 coats for it to reach a more opaque consistency, but it was rather bumpy before topcoat. After a generous topping of SV it managed to level out quite nicely, but there were a couple of air bubbles on the surface.


Then again, I really love how the different layers of polish show up so nicely on the nails. Looking my nails now, the effort it took to apply Swoon really does pay off. I love the squishy texture, the mix of colours and the subtlety of the polish when layered. It's a bit of a pity that the formula isn't as smooth as I expected, though I suppose you could add some Seche Restore to thin it out a little more.

If you love this polish, you should head down to Mei Mei's Signatures to get it pronto as it's almost run out for the second time since it was first stocked! Do stay tuned for my swatches and review of Jindie Zomboy, and that's all from me today, over and out.


Let's Break It Down

Product name: Jindie Nails Swoon
Product type: Nail polish
Amount of product: Mini (8ml), Full-sized (15ml)
Price per product: Full-sized (15ml) costs S$15 on Mei Mei's Signatures
Comments: Pale blue crelly with interesting glitter mix of tiny squares, small round glitters and large hexes in yellow, green, blue, orange and fuchsia, thick formula
Where to buy: Mei Mei Signatures
To buy or not to buy: If you love this unique colour combination, it's for you. The colours are what really sold me on this polish. Be warned that the formula isn't the easiest to work with though!

Product Approved 4/5

Disclaimer: I received this product for review. My opinions are completely honest and solely my own. No compensation was received for this review.

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .