Sunday 21 April 2013

Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool Final Verdict // Vote & Win!


As promised, I'm back with the final verdict on Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool after about a month of use and I'm also here to tell you how 8 lucky readers can win a Hitachi FaceCRiE and a Hitachi Electric Eyelash Curler! The FaceCRiE is the mini, more portable version of the HadaCRiE Cool, and the Electric Eyelash Curler is, well, an eyelash curler that curls eyelashes electrically CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! You have to read 'til the end to find out about that though. Heh.

I like making lists, so here's a list of the pros and cons of the Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool:

PROS
- Removes more dirt from face as compared to using a cotton pad/physical exfoliant (i.e. physical processes of dirt removal)
- Effective at moisturising skin more deeply than using physical processes of moisturisation
- Cool-aesthetic mode tightens pores and calms irritated skin
- Easy to use, comes with clear instruction manuals
- Can be used in daily skincare routine, with existing skincare products
- Can be used for facial massage and for other parts of the body
- Portable (light-weight, comes with travel-sized pouch with storage compartments)
- Titanium metal head is durable and suitable for sensitive skin
- Can have multiple users; just ensure that the metal head is clean (wipe down with alcohol or another disinfectant) before using on another person's skin

CONS
- Requires power source; may not be as convenient to use on-the-go
- Expensive; sold at $499
- Not easily available
- Needs to be used daily for best effect (this isn't much of a con, but for lazy people like me, it's a consideration)
- Some time must be spent on using it

As you can see, there are many more pros than cons, and I'm really treating it as a big part of my daily skincare routine to fight bad skin, including pimples, oily/dry skin, clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads and other skin problems.


I have pimples all the time, sigh. Bad skin be gone! - with the Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool and good sleeping, eating, exercise habits.


I'm not going to describe how to use it in this post, because that would be repeating what I said in my Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool Review and Pictures post and my Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool Video Demonstration and Review post! You should check those out for more information.

Of course, it's not a miracle product and there are some things to consider before buying it, so here's some advice.

First, you have to ask yourself how often you'll be committed to using it. For the best effect, you'll have to use it daily. This means that you'll have to devote at least 10 minutes of your time to use cleansing/moisturising modes to ensure the device's effectiveness. If you can't even commit 10 minutes a day, or are lazy, or can't really be bothered with your skin, then this isn't a very worthwhile investment for you.

Secondly, it's both a skincare investment and a financial investment. $499 isn't a small sum; if you prioritise your skin very highly, this is a must-buy, if not, this would be a splurge. You can always save up and treat yourself on your birthday though! :)

As for those who have bought it already but are having problems with using it consistently... You MUST, I emphasise, MUST use it consistently. And by that I mean once a day, or at least once in 2 days. I've tried going without it for a few days at a stretch, and I found out that my skin just went back to being rather dirty. After my dry spell of not using the Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool, I found my skin to be just as dirty as it was before I even started using it a few weeks ago. This goes to show that consistency goes a long way in your skincare routine.

If I've gotten you curious about the Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool, but you'd rather find out more before committing to buying, you should probably check out the Lianhe Wanbao 30th Anniversary Health & Beauty Event @ Marina Bay Sands on 4-5 May 2013, as Hitachi is participating and will probably do product demonstrations.


If you've read to the end of this post, congratulations for making it, here's the good news: you can win a Hitachi FaceCRiE and Electric Eyelash Curler (worth $260) by voting for me in this Hitachi Beauty bloggers campaign! Voting is from 22 April-5 May 2013.


And that's that for my final verdict of the Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool.


Let's Break It Down

Product name: Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool
Product type: Beauty device/facial device
Amount of product: -
Price per product: $499
Comments: Cleans and moisturises effectively using ionisation, easy to use, good for all skin types, expensive, multiple fuctions
Where to buy: Gain City Marina Square, Changi City Point and Parisilk 46 East Coast Road #01-01 East Gate
To buy or not to buy: Yes, if you're really concerned about your skin and are willing to spend time, money and effort on keeping it looking its best. For me, that's a yes.

Product Approved 4.5/5


Disclaimer: I received this product for review. My opinions are completely honest and 100% my own. No compensation was received for this review.

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .