Tuesday 12 March 2013

Paula's Choice Meet and Greet High Tea

Hi everyone, I'm clearing my long backlog of posts - hope you're proud of me, heh.

Before I went on my Switzerland student exchange last year, I was invited to a lovely Paula's Choice high tea at St Regis. It was a rather informal meet and greet session that allowed myself and a number of other media representatives to learn more about the brand and its products.

I'm the second from the right and also the only blogger there, bloggers represent!

I had heard of Paula's Choice before, but had never gotten the opportunity to try out their products, which was a pity. Thankfully, Paula's Choice presented me with a bag of goodies courtesy of Paula's Choice. I will be reviewing Paula's Choice Extra Care Non-greasy Sunscreen SPF 45+ and Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant in the next few posts.

A bit more on Paula's Choice for those who're not familiar with the brand:
Paula Begoun is the founder and innovative force behind Paula's Choice skin care and cosmetics. She is the author of 20 best-selling books on skin care, makeup, and hair care including: 
Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me 
The Original Beauty Bible
 
Blue Eyeshadow Should Be Illegal (out of print) 
Don't Go Shopping for Hair-Care Products Without Me (out of print)
Paula's books have sold more than 2.5 million copies worldwide. Her work as a nationally-recognized consumer expert for the cosmetics industry has led to repeat appearances on CNN, as well as programs such as Oprah, The Today Show, 20/20, Dateline NBC, The View,and Dr. Oz. Each member of The Research Team is personally trained by Paula to honestly and scientifically analyze thousands of product formulations. The team is dedicated to helping you find the absolute best products for your skin. 
Paula's Story: In Her Own Words
At the age of 11 I began a tormented struggle with acne and eczema. I tried numerous skin-care products and medical treatments yet my skin didn't get better.
Then at the age of 25 (and I'll never forget this moment), I read the ingredient label on a skin-care product I was using and the fourth ingredient was acetone. That's nail polish remover! From that moment on I began reading all of the research I could find on skin care and eventually I was able to put together a skin-care routine that completely transformed my skin. 
After suffering for all of those years, I wanted to do everything possible to prevent others from going through the same pain. So I started writing books and doing TV appearances to tell the world which skin-care products really work. Every one of the 20 books I've written on cosmetics including the current edition of my book Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me fulfills my commitment to help women understand when product claims are lying or telling the truth. 
In 1995, at the request of thousands of my readers, I decided to use my years of research on skin-care ingredients to create my own skin-care line, Paula's Choice. I use only proven ingredients that can truly make your skin look younger and radiant as well as reduce wrinkles, lessen or eliminate acne, and work perfectly for those with sensitive skin. All my products are 100% guaranteed.

The people at Paula's Choice also kindly gave me my current skincare bible - Don't Go to the Cometics Counter Without Me - which has been a fascinating read so far. I'm slowly applying the information I've learned to my skincare routine, and will hopefully be able to provide more medically accurate information in my reviews as well. It's a really thick book, and I hope I can finish reading it soon so that I can decide if I should recommend it as a worthwhile buy.

Stay tuned for my reviews on the products and more information on the book!


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .