Monday 26 November 2012

"The Wanderer"

I love to write. I write when I'm happy, I write when I'm sad. I write whenever I have something to say, some feelings to express. I know I haven't been updating this space regarding my exchange and other reviews and such, but I'm having a tough week now, filled with work and some drama. Since I wrote this poem in a fit of catharsis, I'm going to post it here and let you have a glimpse into my writing. I have written many more poems but I have never published them here. Perhaps in time I will.

And now, for the poem.


The Wanderer

Now that I’m at Fancy’s door,
Myself, my oaths I did perjure

Now that I’m at Fancy’s hearth
I see that plaque of metal craft:

“All that glitters is not gold
Fare you well, your wish is cold”

Wish I had but wisdom more
To see the writing on the wall

As I lay, resigned to burn
There, inscribed upon my urn:

“All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost”

I rise, to find my ashes bitter
And to bear my golden cross

25.11.2012


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .