Sunday 5 August 2012

Stella Double Flex Brighten Up Eyelashes (AS8941) Review and Pictures

In my previous post I reviewed Solone Gel Like Smoody Pencil (05 Brown). Today I'm going to review Stella Double Flex Brighten Up Eyelashes (AS8941), the other half of Loothavn's generously sponsored goodie package.


This pair of nylon eyelashes are dramatic and double-layered, designed with a cross sectional pointed eyelash over the top layer to brighten up and enhance the eyes.


The first thing I noticed about these false eyelashes is how dense and long the lash fibres are! The individual eyelashes are of different lengths, creating that "doe-eyed" effect. Wondering how it would look like on my eyes? Read on!

As I don't wear falsies at all, apart from that one time at a relative's wedding dinner, I was glad that instructions were provided on the back of the packaging, and I've adapted them in my how-to below.

Beauty 101: How to apply false eyelashes

You'll need: Eyelash glue (I'm using the glue from my one and only pair of Elianto falsies), a pair of scissors and a pair of false eyelashes


1. Trim the length of the false eyelashes to 3/4 or 2/3 the length of your eyes (so that it looks more natural).


2. Use both hands to flex the eyelashes and compare the length to your eye length. Position the eyelashes onto your eyes and check if they suit the curvature of your lash line.

3. Apply eyelash glue sparingly to the lash band. Wait 30 seconds.


4. Position the eyelashes onto your lash line, with eyes half closed and looking downwards. You may tilt your mirror 45 degrees downwards to get a better view while doing this. Secure the eyelashes by pressing onto the centre of your lash line. Gently press both ends and across the whole lash line.

5. Wait 3 minutes for the glue to dry completely. Blink your eyes to check if the eyelashes are secured.

6. To remove, gently peel false eyelashes band off lid, starting at outer corner. Remove adhesive from band and place your false eyelashes back to the tray for re-use.

Precautions:
  • Before use, you may want to test the suitability of the eyelash glue on your skin by applying a small drop on your wrist. Look out for rashes and avoid using the glue if rashes appear.
  • Avoid exposing the eyelashes to low humidity, direct heat or sunlight.

Now that's done, have a look at how I look with these falsies on!

Only one eye with falsies on:


Falsies on both eyes:


Side view:


I have to admit, it really makes a difference in photos! Although in real life I felt like a freak when I looked into the mirror. I wasn't used to the thickness of the falsies and felt like I was a blinkered horse, with black fluttery things obscuring my vision. That's probably why I don't use them even for more formal events.

However, since I had them on already, I was obviously going to take more pictures! My camera was set to High Res mode and I don't photoshop my photos (I only edit brightness and sharpness with the limited functions in my MacBook's photo editing software), so bear with the excruciating details of my less-than-perfect skin, haha.


My camwhoring streak came to an end with the removal of the false eyelashes:


See the difference? While my eyes aren't exactly small, the falsies really amped up the way my eyes looked, making them brighter and more attractive in photos. In real life I'd say I probably don't need falsies, but I think it makes a huge difference for photoshoots.

I liked the cross-sectional eyelashes and the double layer on this pair as it gave me a bright-eyed, doe-eyed look. The lashes felt firm and seemed to be of good quality, so if you're a falsies fan, I'd urge you to check them out at Loothavn! Just visit their website, scroll to the right and click on "GLOW". Then click on "Shop eyes" to see the other eye make up products available, such as the Solone Gel Like Smoody Pencil and other Stella eyelashes, which I just did a review of. Stella Double Flex Brighten Up Eyelashes (AS8941) retail for S$6.60, quite a fair price for the quality of the eyelashes!

Thank you, Loothavn and Glow, for allowing me to do reviews on two great products! I hope to see even more products available from Loothavn in the near future. I think it's a promising concept and website and will definitely check it out from time to time.


Let's Break It Down

Product Name: Stella Double Flex Brighten Up Eyelashes (AS8941)
Product type: False eyelashes (made of nylon)
Measurements: Lashband length (3.4cm), Length of lashes (0.7- 1.3 - 0.7)
Price per product: S$6.60
Comments: Really brightens up eyes, reasonable price, good quality, rather natural look, easy to use
Where to buy: Loothavn (Glow)
To buy or not to buy: If you wear falsies more regularly than me, you'll probably need these. If you want falsies for a special function, do check these out too!

Product Approved 5/5

Disclaimer: I received this product for review. My opinions are completely honest and 100% my own. No compensation was received for this review.

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .