Monday 6 August 2012

OOTD and random self-shots

Here's last Saturday's outfit of the day with some amusing self-shots done in the "modelling" style. I'm attempting to be ironic in this post so DON'T JUDGE.

Exhibit A - an example in point.


I didn't edit the photos at all, not even to adjust brightness/sharpness like I usually do. I guess this shows how good my Fujifilm FinePix X10 is under low light conditions. Love the way the pictures turned out. The entire series of pictures after the jump!


Keeping with the theme of irony, allow me to do a short commentary on the 7 photos, in order of appearance. Those of you who know how I sound like, try to read/sing these bits of monologue in my voice (or maybe not). I promise some amusement.

1) "Ooh look at my lovely outfit! I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay!"
2) "Oh what's this? A railing? Let's hold on to the railing!"
3) "Might as well hold on with two hands!"
4) "Unh, that feels so good... My back just got a good, long stretch!"
5) "What the heck am I doing here?! I don't belong here. I'm a creep~"
6) "Might as well look creepy while being a creeper who hangs around windows..."
7) "I have no idea what just happened and am kind of embarrassed now. Let me smile and scratch my head absent-mindedly and hope this never happens again."

Oh! By the way, did you notice the brown marks on my inner arm? Those were from swatching the Solone Gel Like Smoody Pencil (05 Brown) and I didn't bother taking the swatches off before taking these shots, heh. Also, my hair has never been dyed. Surprised? The red streaks are some freak natural hair colouration and I have no idea why they're there.

I hope you haven't died from my supreme inanity. This is a rare post amidst more detailed and "serious" reviews of products/events etc. It's no fun being serious all the time though! That's why I hope you've enjoyed my ridiculous OOTD post. If you liked this post, do let me know and I'll do similar posts in the future :)


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .