Wednesday 11 July 2012

Lex Cosmetics (for Mei Mei's Signatures) Love Me More Swatches and Review

Recently, Mei Mei kindly sent me Lex Cosmetics Love Me More, a hot pink polish with fucshia microshimmer for review. This is the signature polish of Mei Mei's Signatures (her e-store), and was specially created for her by Lex Cosmetics, so I was pretty excited about receiving and reviewing it. Read on to see more pictures and find out my thoughts about this sizzling hot summer shade!


I'm not a "pink" person, both literally and figuratively, so when Mei Mei contacted me about reviewing this shade of hot pink, I was a little anxious that it wouldn't suit me. The pink polishes in my stash are few and far between, and they are mostly soft pinks that veer towards neutrals. Lex Cosmetics (for Mei Mei's Signatures) Love Me More is a straight-out, full-blown hot pink with a gorgeous fucshia microshimmer that is fairly visible both in shade and sunlight. I call it "Barbie pink" because it does seem like the kind of nail colour Barbie would wear... if she had nails. I don't wear barbie pink anything, so this was a leap of faith for me.

My first impression of Love Me More was that it had nice packaging. The white plastic cap printed with black, swirly designs calls out to the packaging obsessed part of me. The "Lex Nail Lacquer" logo on the front is simple and understatedly classy.


As for the colour, my initial apprehension resolved itself after I had slapped on three coats of Love Me More onto each nail. Love Me More is opaque and striking, and the complementary fuchsia shimmer really adds depth to an almost-neon shade of pink. I had no trouble with the brush, which is about the same size as normal China Glaze/OPI brushes (not pro-wide).


Formula-wise, Love Me More is decent, with two thicker coats or three thinner coats required for full opacity. It wasn't too thick so I didn't have much trouble painting an even coat on my nails. Love Me More takes an average amount of time to dry. I'd say wait an hour before doing anything that may create dents in the polish. It doesn't dry that fast even with Seche Vite, but neither is it ridiculously slow to dry.


Swatches of Love Me More in the shade

Here you see me posing with a hot pink pouch. Hot pink is far from my favourite colour, but this was a birthday gift from friends, and the colour of the pouch really matches Love Me More! Coincidentally enough, "Love" is emblazoned on the pouch. I guess it does encapsulate what this polish is about for me - the love for polish, friendship and life. And what a zesty love that is, with such a bold shade of pink to empower the wearer!


Expand the picture below to see the lovely fuchsia microshimmer! It really softens the look of the bold pink shade considerably, creating a soft glowy "lit from within" effect that is very stunning.



Swatches of Love Me More under sunlight

Love Me More seems more neon pink under sunlight, losing a bit of depth because of the well-hidden fuchsia microshimmer. Nevertheless, it more than makes up for this with a bold, eye-catching shade of neon pink that screams SUMMER! This would be a great polish to wear to the beach or a poolside party. It reminds me of cosmopolitan cocktails (cosmos for short), which are the girliest cocktails ever. I have to confess - they don't taste half bad!


Wear-time is great so far, with no chips or scratches even after 3 days of wear and going about my daily activities. No complaints about the scent either.

As a whole, I'm quite pleased with Love Me More, and would recommend it to you if you like pink, Barbie, and/or unconventional colours. Love Me More really did impress me with that something extra - fuchsia microshimmer on a almost-neon pink base! Love Me More is available on Mei Mei's Signatures e-store, at S$13 for 15ml (follow the link to go directly to the purchase page). The best thing is that S$1 from each sale will be donated to charity and you get a cute little bear stuffed toy called "Happy Bear"! How's that for showing a little love?

Last picture here to show you another pink thing of mine that matches Love Me More. It's a lovely Crabtree and Evelyn gift set which was also a birthday gift. Just look at how pink everything is!


Also, in honour of posting about Pink on a Wednesday, I've decided to join the "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" blog club.

It's a Mean Girls reference, but a group of nail bloggers decided to create it as a chance to wear pink manis in the middle of the week because they 1) loved Mean Girls 2) loved pink polish. I love Mean Girls and (some) pink polishes, but I'm going to be a bit more creative with the theme. You can look forward to pink posts every Wednesday, whether they are posts of a pink outfit, nail polish, make up, stationery or... I have no idea what other pink things I have. I hope I don't run out too soon!

That's it from me for today, have a great day!


Let's Break It Down

Product Name: Lex Cosmetics Love Me More (for Mei Mei's Signatures)
Product type: Nail polish (3-free)
Amount of product: 15ml
Price per product: S$13, comes with free Happy Bear stuffed toy, S$1 donated to charity per purchase
Comments: Pleasantly surprising shade of almost-neon pink under sunlight, softened by fuchsia microshimmer in the shade.
Where to buy: Mei Mei's Signatures
To buy or not to buy: If you love pink and/or unconventional shades, Love Me More is for you! Non-pink lovers may want to consider getting this to 1) help charity 2) expose themselves to a striking, unconventional pink that is perfect for summer pool parties and dressing as Barbie at a costume party, haha.

Product Approved 4/5

Disclaimer: I received this product for review. My opinions are completely honest and 100% my own. No compensation was received for this review.

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .