Monday 18 June 2012

Disqus: New comment system

Hi everyone, you may have noticed that I've just changed the commenting system to Disqus! IntenseDebate was being glitchy yesterday and because of the downtime, two comments were on IntenseDebate and another two were on the Blogger comment system. Frustratingly enough, there is no way of importing Blogger comments over. So I decided to switch to Disqus, which has fully importable comments from both IntenseDebate and Blogger. I managed to import almost all of the comments, but I have no idea why two or three weren't imported. Another thing is that my Pages (About Me, Contact/PR etc.) do not support the Disqus commenting system. Sadly, commentluv was an Intense Debate feature, so your newest blog posts will no longer be displayed on your comment.

So far I'm loving the new interface with its Community and upvote/downvote features! You just have to log in once to Disqus and remember to include your website URL (if you have one), and after that you'll be able to comment on my posts with your Disqus ID. It's quite simple, but if you encounter any problems with the new system, do email me at cherchez[dot]beaute[at]gmail[dot]com and let me know. Thanks!

What do you think of the new Disqus system?

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .