Saturday 9 April 2011

China Glaze He's Going In Circles Swatches and Review



Today will be the first time I'm reviewing nail polish over here, and it's China Glaze He's Going In Circles, as shown above.

This lovely colour was from the warmly received CG Kaleidoscope Collection released in 2009. It's part of the cool colour range in the collection, and also the only CG Kaleidoscope I have. You already can see the holographic effect from the nail polish in the bottle, and on the nails, it looks like this:

(Click on photos to enlarge)




Colour-wise, it's a light seafoam green that looks silvery and very soft. The lovely holo effect that many love looks even better in real life, and I couldn't stop staring at my nails when I had this polish on. Formula was great, drying time was fine and it stayed on for more than a week until I decided to remove it. Here's how it looked like after one week without touch ups:



I only used one coat of Seche Vite and didn't touch up, but it hardly chipped at all and looked just as great a week later. My friend couldn't believe that it stayed in such a pristine state - that's CG for you! :)

Price: I bought it for SGD8.90 (not including normal mail charges) on Nail Vibe.
P.S. Nail Vibe is a great place to go for steals like these!


The Verdict

+ Great formula
+ Short drying time
+ Very wearable colour

- More expensive than the drugstore nail polish, but the quality is worth the price


I give China Glaze Kaleidoscope He's Going In Circles 5/5 for it's lovely colour, holo effect and great formula that dries quickly and doesn't budge.

Overall: ♥♥♥♥♥
Product Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .